We are now looking for talented people with an authentic lifestyle, practicing the disappearing or half-forgotten work cultures from Ivano-Frankivsk and Transcarpathian regions of Ukraine and invite them to join the international network of the Carpathian Living Heritage. In addition to the above-mentioned regions of Ukraine, the network covers the Maramures and Satu Mare counties in Romania, the Sobolc-Szatmár-Bereg and Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplin regions of Hungary, and Košice and Prešov Region of Slovakia.
The network can include individual residents of local communities or their families, as well as communities represented by relevant municipal institutions, civil society organizations, enterprises, cooperatives, farms, etc.
Do you have talents, skills of traditional work cultures or you possess certain craft skills? Are you a sincere and hospitable person, and like to share stories of your life, family and land? All these benefits can be turned into a sustainable livelihood activity! You wonder how to do it? Just let others get acquainted with your way of life or craft, share meals, evening conversations with visitors who feel a real and irresistible nostalgia for the sincere rural life.
52 Carpathian Lifestyle HeritageWeekends is a community of development and mutual support, created within the project ‘52 Carpathian Lifestyle Experiences: Reinventing Traditional Work Cultures’, implemented under the Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENI Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 and co-financed by the European Union. The project seeks to unite the bearers of living cultural heritage in the Carpathian regions of four countries. The founders of the community are the Tourist Association of Ivano-Frankivsk Region (Ukraine), the Satu Mare Chamber of Commerce (Romania), the Košice Region Tourism (Slovakia), and the ABA Tourist Association (Hungary).
Our aim is to boost visitation and create new livelihood opportunities in cross-border communities whilst developing and promoting unique tourist experiences built around traditional work cultures and lifestyles as part of Carpathian Living Heritage Destination.
The network will offer to its members:
- promotion of the community members under the joint ‘52 Carpathian Lifestyle HeritageWeekends’ brand. In particular, the project will create a mobile guide and a virtual museum of Carpathian living heritage, as well as organized study visits of travel bloggers and tour operators;
- inclusion of community members’ products into the joint ‘52 Carpathian Heritage Weekends’ tourist offer, which will target consumers from four target countries and beyond;
- opportunity to participate in various networking activities and establish and develop business links between partners at the regional and international level;
- opportunity to participate in the International Festival of Carpathian Traditional Work Cultures in Romania.
Among the 52 Carpathian Lifestyle Heritage Weekends potential community members, who submit their applications by March 31, 2020, 13 applicants will be selected from the target regions in each participating country, and the assistance will be provided to shape their anticipated products to the model (exemplary) weekend tours. The conditions for selection shall be the completed application form and a motivation letter, where we ask you to provide a short history related to intangible cultural heritage resource or your family lifestyle and demonstrate its the value, as you see it, in terms of offering it to potential visitors on the market. The anticipated product ideas shall possess some unique features and be connected with the real lifestyle.
The project will than continue to work with the selected heritage safeguards, providing the expert assistance in creating a full-fledged tourism product – a weekend tour, one of the 52 Carpathian Lifestyle HeritageWeekends based on a particular lifestyle or a traditional craft (work culture). The selected applicants also will be invited for a training to improve their customer service skills and will be offered by the opportunity to obtain branded products and promotional materials (uniforms, printed products, or other elements of brand identification) to promote their own products under the common ‘52 Carpathian Lifestyle HeritageWeekends brand’. The latter will be produced in the project in limited quantities.
The only requirements for the applicants are:
- obtaining / maintaining an authentic lifestyle that corresponds the way of life of their ancestors and / or possession of practices of disappearing or half-forgotten work cultures;
- willingness and desire to support and develop a product offered under the network;
- readiness and desire to open the product to visitors during the project implementation period (until November 2021);
- willingness and desire to maintain and develop the product upon completion of the project.
The application for joining the 52 Carpathian Lifestyle HeritageWeekends community can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaViFEkhHL0KEeiIzNnbnfZmNjBvAil0eRnxHt8GjhsOiQTA/viewform?usp=sf_link.
Please, address any related questions or suggestions to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject: ‘52 Carpathian Lifestyle HeritageWeekends community’.
The announcement was prepared within the framework of the project ‘52 Carpathian Lifestyle Experiences: Reinventing Traditional Work Cultures’ implemented under the Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENI Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 and is co-financed by the European Union. Its content is the sole responsibility of the Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Tourist Association and can in no way be taken to reflect the position of the Managing Authority / Joint Technical Secretariat or the European Union.